|NCAA Women's Basketball|
No. 17 UCLA women hold off Washington 65-61
- Massengale off to fast start for No. 3 Lady Vols
- No. 11 Colorado slips past Wyoming 63-59 on road
- No. 10 Penn State falls short against No. 4 Irish
- Achonwa leads No. 4 Irish women past No. 10 PSU
- No. 20 Iowa St. has no problem with N. Iowa 83-55
- Ohio State falls to No. 8 Maryland 67-55
- Balance lifts No. 17 Oklahoma by W. Illinois 97-80
- No. 8 Maryland women beat Ohio State 67-55
- No. 18 UNC topples No. 15 Nebraska 75-62
- No. 7 Cardinals G Slaughter remains hospitalized
SEATTLE (AP) Alyssia Brewer had 20 points and 12 rebounds Friday night and No. 17 UCLA defeated Washington 65-61 for its fifth win in a row.
Atonye Nyingifa added 15 points and Thea Lemberger had 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Bruins (18-4, 9-2), now alone in third place in the Pac-12 behind No. 4 Stanford and No. 6 California.
Lemberger made four free throws in the final 32 seconds to help seal the win. Jasmine Dixon scored 11 points and Markel Walker contributed 10 rebounds and seven assists.
UCLA had a 54-33 edge in rebounding in a game neither team led by more than six points.
Talia Walton led the Huskies (16-6, 8-3) with 18 points. Jazmine Davis scored 17, Kristi Kingma had 11 points and Aminah Williams had 13 rebounds for Washington, which saw a six-game winning streak end. The Huskies' last loss was at UCLA on Jan. 13.
Updated February 9, 2013