|NCAA Women's Basketball|
No. 17 UCLA women hold off Washington 65-61
- Ohio State women upset No. 11 Penn State 99-82
- No. 14 NC State women beat Syracuse 79-63 in ACC
- No. 5 South Carolina advances to SEC semifinals
- Lights go out 2nd straight day at ACC tournament
- Washington State outlasts Oregon for 107-100 win
- No. 13 UNC women beat Wake Forest 69-65 in ACCs
- Friday's Syracuse-NC State ACC game delayed 1 hour
- Lights go out in ACC tournament 2nd-round game
- Minnesota tops Wisconsin 74-68 in OT
- Tanner sisters lead Auburn past Ole Miss, 70-54
SEATTLE (AP) Alyssia Brewer had 20 points and 12 rebounds Friday night and No. 17 UCLA defeated Washington 65-61 for its fifth win in a row.
Atonye Nyingifa added 15 points and Thea Lemberger had 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Bruins (18-4, 9-2), now alone in third place in the Pac-12 behind No. 4 Stanford and No. 6 California.
Lemberger made four free throws in the final 32 seconds to help seal the win. Jasmine Dixon scored 11 points and Markel Walker contributed 10 rebounds and seven assists.
UCLA had a 54-33 edge in rebounding in a game neither team led by more than six points.
Talia Walton led the Huskies (16-6, 8-3) with 18 points. Jazmine Davis scored 17, Kristi Kingma had 11 points and Aminah Williams had 13 rebounds for Washington, which saw a six-game winning streak end. The Huskies' last loss was at UCLA on Jan. 13.
Updated February 9, 2013